How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 170°C/150°C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 11cm x 21cm (base) loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing 2cm overhang at long ends.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and lime rind until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition (mixture may curdle). Add half the flour. Stir to combine. Add pawpaw. Stir to combine. Add nuts and remaining flour. Stir until just combined. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth top.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Serve warm with butter.
Time for preparing:70 min. PT70M
- 125g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup mashed pawpaw (see note)
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Butter, to serve