How to Make:
- Spray a 6cm-deep, 20 x 30cm baking dish with oil. Stir the sugar, honey, water and a pinch of salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat, without boiling, for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Cook, without stirring, for 5 minutes or until a sugar thermometer reaches 145°C and the mixture turns golden. Remove from heat. Carefully stir in the bicarbonate of soda. Quickly pour the mixture over the base of the prepared pan. Set aside for 2 hours to cool completely. Use the end of a rolling pin to break the honeycomb into shards.
- Stir the chocolate, cream and butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts and sauce is smooth. Stir in brandy, if desired. Serve warm with honeycomb for dipping.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- Light olive oil spray, to grease
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 200g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) pouring cream
- 20g butter
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional)