How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper. Use an electric mixer to beat the butter until pale and creamy. Add the icing sugar and beat until smooth. Add egg yolk, anise seeds and rosewater and beat until just combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and almond meal and use a wooden spoon to stir to combine. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead until smooth.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into a 7cm log. Place on the tray, turning the ends down to form a crescent shape. Repeat with remaining dough. Bake in preheated oven, swapping tray halfway through cooking, for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from oven and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Place the extra icing sugar on a plate. Dip each biscuit, one at a time, while warm, into the icing sugar and turn to coat. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Time for preparing:10 min. PT10M
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 cup (150g) pure icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon anise seeds, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosewater
- 1 1/4 cups (190g) plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (55g) almond meal
- 1 cup (150g) pure icing sugar, extra, to dust