How to Make:
- Place yeast, sugar and warm water in a jug. Whisk with a fork until yeast has dissolved. Stand in a warm place for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Stir in salt, yeast mixture and olive oil. Mix to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough for 10 to 15 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in a large, lightly greased bowl. Cover and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Using your fist, punch dough down. Knead until smooth.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 10cm x 20cm (base) loaf pan well with olive oil cooking spray or olive oil. Roll dough into a 20cm x 30cm rectangle. Combine 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, 1 tablespoon cold water and chocolate in a bowl.
- Spread chocolate mixture over dough. Starting from the short end closest to you, roll up like a Swiss roll. Place in prepared pan.
- Cover with lightly greased plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 30 to 40 minutes or until dough has almost doubled in size. Brush dough top with egg. While dough rises, rub flour, butter and remaining sugar together in a bowl until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. After brushing with egg, sprinkle with crumble topping. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Turn bread, top side up, onto a wire rack to cool. Serve at room temperature.
Time for preparing:45 min. PT45M
- 7g sachet dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 150g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 60g butter, chilled, chopped