How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 10.5cm x 22cm (base) loaf pan. Line with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends.
- Place flour, spice and pinch of salt in a bowl. Add butter. Using fingertips, rub butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in sugar and fruit medley.
- Make a well in centre. Whisk egg and milk in a jug. Add to well. Stir to combine. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth surface. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Serve with butter or margarine spread.
Time for preparing:45 min. PT45M
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 50g butter, chilled, chopped
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup dried fruit medley
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- Butter or margarine spread, to serve