How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 3cm-deep, 16cm x 26cm slice pan. Line with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at long ends.
- Process flours, sugar, cinnamon and spread until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add chilled water. Process until dough just comes together. Turn out onto a flat surface. Knead until smooth. Press two-thirds of dough into prepared pan. Prick with a fork. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Roll remaining dough into a 12cm-long log. Freeze.
- Bake base for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Make filling: Combine apple, cranberries, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Spread over base. Grate remaining dough into a bowl. Add oats. Toss to combine. Sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Slice. Serve with custard.
Time for preparing:55 min. PT55M
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 125g Suncoast Gold Vitality macadamia spread
- 2 tablespoons chilled water
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- Warmed light pouring custard, to serve Apple and cranberry filling
- 400g can pie apples
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon