How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Brush a 7cm-deep, 10 x 20cm (base measurement) loaf pan with melted butter. Line the base and sides with non-stick baking paper.
- Sift the combined flour into a large bowl. Add the sugar, coconut and cinnamon. Make a well in the centre. Add the eggs, banana, oil and vanilla. Stir until just combined. Gently fold in the raspberries. Pour into the prepared pan. Smooth the surface. Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Set aside in pan for 20 minutes to cool before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the fig butter, use an electric beater to beat the butter and icing sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the jam and beat until smooth.
- Cut banana bread into slices and serve with fig butter.
Time for preparing:90 min. PT90M
- Melted butter, to grease
- 200g (1 1/3 cups) self-raising flour
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 150g (2/3 cup) raw sugar
- 20g (1/4 cup) desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 450g mashed banana
- 160ml (2/3 cup) canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 125g fresh raspberries Fig butter
- 100g butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 45g (1/4 cup) pure icing sugar
- 85g (1/4 cup) fig jam