How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C. Brush a deep 22cm (top measurement) fluted ring pan with melted butter.
- Use an electric beater to beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl for 5 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add banana. Use a large metal spoon to fold in half the flour and half the bicarbonate of soda. Fold in half the milk. Repeat with remaining flour, bicarbonate of soda and milk. Stir until just smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 10 minutes to cool. Turn onto a wire rack over a baking tray and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make the orange maple sauce, stir the butter, maple syrup and orange juice in a small saucepan over medium heat until the butter melts. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Pour the sauce over the cake. Serve with cream.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- Melted butter, to grease
- 125g butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 350g mashed banana
- 265g (1 3/4 cups) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 80ml (1/3 cup) milk
- Double cream, to serve Orange maple sauce
- 50g butter
- 125ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice