How to Make:
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the flour, cranberries, pistachio, custard powder and milk. Stir until a soft dough forms. Turn onto a well-floured surface and bring together. Shape into a disc.
- Shape the dough into a 28cm-long log. Wrap in plastic wrap. Roll the dough in the plastic wrap to shape evenly. Place in the fridge for 4 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Use a sharp knife in a sawing motion to cut the log into 1cm-thick slices. Place on the prepared trays. Bake, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 30 minutes or until the biscuits are golden underneath. Set aside on the trays to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 250g butter, at room temperature
- 125g (3/4 cup) icing sugar mixture
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 70g (1/2 cup) custard powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 75g (1/2 cup) dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 55g (1/3 cup) chopped unsalted pistachio kernels