How to Make:
- Combine dried fruit, tea and sugar in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Cover and leave to soak overnight at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line base and sides of a 7cm-deep, 10.5cm x 20.5cm (base) loaf pan with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends.
- Add egg, flour, walnuts and marmalade to fruit mixture. Stir with a metal spoon until just combined. Spoon into prepared pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool loaf in pan for 10 minutes. Lift onto a wire rack to cool completely. Slice. Serve.
Time for preparing:55 min. PT55M
- 375g packet mixed dried fruit
- 1 cup strong black tea, cooled
- 1/2 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade