How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line base and sides of a 7cm-deep, 10.5cm x 20.5cm (base) loaf pan with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends.
- Combine butter and honey in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted.
- Sift flours, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl (add husks from sieve). Stir in sugar.
- Combine milk, egg and banana in a large jug. Whisk with a fork until well combined. Add banana mixture and honey mixture to dry ingredients. Stir with a metal spoon until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool loaf in pan for 10 minutes. Lift onto a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve.
Time for preparing:60 min. PT60M
- 100g butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled, mashed