How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease three 6-hole, 1/3-cup capacity muffin pans.
- Place oats, buttermilk, oil and eggs in a large bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Sift flour and cinnamon over oat mixture. Add sugar. Stir gently to combine. Fold in peach. Spoon mixture into muffin holes to completely fill (muffins won't rise much, due to the oats).
- Bake muffins for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely. Serve muffins warm with cream cheese.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 2 cups rolled oats (see note)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 415g can peach slices in natural juice, drained, diced
- 1/2 cup spreadable cream cheese, to serve