How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Kids' task: Combine the apple, pear, raisin, walnut, cinnamon and caster sugar in a medium bowl.
- Place filo sheets on a clean work surface. Cover with a clean tea towel, then a damp tea towel (this will prevent it drying out). Brush 1 sheet of filo with a little oil. Top with another sheet and brush with oil. Continue layering process with remaining filo. Spoon apple mixture along short edge of filo, leaving a 4cm border. Fold in the ends and roll up to enclose filling. Brush with remaining oil and place on a baking tray.
- Bake on the top shelf of preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Dust strudel with icing sugar. Cut into 4 equal slices to serve.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored, coarsely chopped
- 1 packham pear, peeled, cored, coarsely chopped
- 65g (1/3 cup) seedless raisins, coarsely chopped
- 55g (1/2 cup) walnut halves, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 5 sheets filo pastry (Antoniou brand)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Icing sugar, to dust