How to Make:
- Place the figs in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 15 minutes to soak. Drain. Cut each fig in half horizontally.
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Use a 14cm-diameter round pastry cutter to cut 6 discs from the pastry. Place on the lined trays.
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter, treacle and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the egg yolk and beat until well combined. Stir in the almond meal and flour.
- Spread the almond meal mixture evenly over the pastry discs, leaving a 2cm border. Arrange the fig on top. Fold in the edges of the pastry discs to partially enclose the filling, leaving the centres open. Press the edges to secure.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden. Serve with vanilla ice-cream.
Time for preparing:20 min. PT20M
- 18 (about 300g) dried figs
- 3 sheets (25 x 25cm) frozen ready-rolled butter puff pastry, just thawed
- 50g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons treacle
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 80g (2/3 cup) almond meal
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve