How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 3 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Process the butter, icing sugar and combined flour in a food processor until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and process until just combined. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly until the dough comes together. Shape into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 10 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, to make the filling, process the pineapple, apricots, ginger and cherries in a food processor until finely chopped. Stir in the Grand Marnier.
- Roll out the dough between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper until 3mm thick. Use a 5.5cm star-shaped pastry cutter to cut stars from the dough. Arrange half the stars on the prepared trays. Place 1/2 teaspoon of filling in the centre of each star.
- Brush 1 of the remaining stars with a little milk. Place, milk-side down, on 1 filled star, pressing gently to seal. Repeat with milk and remaining stars.
- Brush the tops of the stars with the remaining milk. Bake for 10 minutes or until just golden. Transfer the stars to wire racks to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar.
Time for preparing:10 min. PT10M
- 125g butter, chopped
- 80g (1/2 cup) pure icing sugar
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons self-raising flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Icing sugar, to dust Filling
- 50g dried pineapple
- 50g soft dried apricots
- 50g glace ginger
- 25g red glace cherries
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier