How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease ten 1-cup (250ml) capacity cake or muffin pans.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flours in a separate bowl. Add the flours, bicarbonate of soda, banana and buttermilk to the butter mixture, in batches, stirring until just combined after each addition.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the prepared pans, smoothing the top with the back of a spoon. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centres comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pans for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the passionfruit cream-cheese icing, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and butter in a bowl until smooth and creamy. Gradually add the icing sugar, in batches, beating well after each addition. Add the passionfruit pulp and beat until well combined.
- Use a round-bladed or pallet knife to spread the icing over the top of each cake. Serve or store cakes in an airtight container for up to three days.
Time for preparing:25 min. PT25M
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups (255g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 cups (about 3 large) over-ripe mashed banana
- 1/2 cup (125ml) buttermilk, at room temperature Passionfruit cream-cheese icing
- 125g cream cheese, softened
- 40g butter, softened
- 1 cup (150g) icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 2 tablespoons passionfruit pulp