Recipe: Florentine tartsBaking recipes
How to Make:
- Brush 8 round 2.5cm-deep, 8.5cm (base measurement) fluted tart tins, with removable bases, with melted butter. Process the pecans in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the flour, sugar and butter. Process until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the egg and process until the pastry just comes together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead until smooth.
- Reserve one-third of the pastry. Wrap in baking paper and place in the fridge. Divide remaining pastry into 8 portions. Roll out 1 portion on a lightly floured sheet of non-stick baking paper until 5mm thick. Line 1 prepared tin with the pastry and trim excess. Repeat with remaining pastry portions. Place on a baking tray in the fridge for 15 minutes to rest.
- Preheat oven to 180?C. Line pastry cases with non-stick baking paper. Fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and pastry weights or rice. Bake for a further 5 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine the chocolate, pistachio, fruit mince and cherry in a bowl. Divide among tart cases. Coarsely grate the reserved pastry. Top the tarts with the pastry. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until pastry is crisp and light golden. Set aside in the tins to cool. Dust with icing sugar. Serve with custard or cream.
Time for preparing:45 min. PT45M
- Melted butter, to grease
- 180g pecans
- 250g (1 2/3 cup) plain flour
- 45g (1/4 cup) icing sugar
- 180g butter, chilled, chopped
- 1 egg
- 100g Nestle Plaistowe Premium Dark Cooking Chocolate, finely chopped
- 75g (1/2 cup) unsalted pistachio kernels, coarsely chopped
- 165g (1/2 cup) fruit mince
- 50g (1/4 cup) glace cherries, coarsely chopped
- Pure icing sugar, to dust
- Custard or double cream, to serve