How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line an oven tray with non-stick baking paper. Using a round plate, trace a circle approximately 15cm in diameter onto the paper. Set aside.
- Place the hazelnuts on a separate baking tray. Bake for 5 minutes or until golden. Remove the hazelnuts from the oven, wrap in a clean tea towel (while they are still hot) and rub vigorously to remove the skins. Discard the skins. Finely chop the nuts and set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven to 120°C. Use electric beaters to beat the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until medium peaks form. Gradually add caster sugar, one tablespoonful at a time, beating constantly until meringue is thick and glossy and the sugar dissolved. Add the cornflour and vinegar and beat until just combined.
- Gently fold through the chopped hazelnuts. Spoon the meringue mixture onto the baking tray, following the shape of the traced circle. Bake immediately for 1 hour 15 mins then turn off the oven and leave to cool completely before removing.
- Beat the cream with the chocolate hazelnut spread until stiff peaks form. To serve, spoon the cream mixture over the top of the pavlova then sprinkle with the berries.
Time for preparing:70 min. PT70M
- 3/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 300mls thickened cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread
- Frozen blueberries, thawed, to serve
- Frozen raspberries, thawed, to serve