Recipe: Macadamia tartsDessert recipes
How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease six 12cm loose-bottomed tart pans, then use the pastry to line the pans, pressing into the base and sides. Prick the bases with a fork, then chill for 10 minutes.
- Line the tart cases with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or uncooked rice. Blind-bake for 5 minutes, then remove the paper and weights and bake for a further 5 minutes or until the bases are dry and crisp.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, vanilla extract, maple syrup and melted butter together in a bowl.
- Pour the sugar mixture into the tart shells. Divide the macadamia nuts evenly among the tart shells, then return to the oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until the tarts are golden and the centre is firm to touch.
- Allow the tarts to cool in the pans for about 10 minutes, then remove from pans, dust with the icing sugar and serve with a dollop of thick cream.
Time for preparing:17 min. PT17M
- 3 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 3 large (70g) eggs
- 3/4 firmly packed cup (150g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (80ml) pure maple syrup
- 60g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) macadamia nuts
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Thick cream, to serve