How to Make:
- Arrange melon on a wire rack in a single layer, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon rosewater and 2 tablespoons sugar, then stand for 30 minutes for flavours to infuse. Pat dry.
- Meanwhile, combine berries and another 1 tablespoon rosewater in a bowl, then stand for 15 minutes to infuse.
- Whisk the cream and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar with electric beaters until thickened. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon rosewater and whisk until soft peaks.
- Carefully slice the cake into thirds horizontally. Place one cake layer on a serving plate and sprinkle with a little extra rosewater. Spread over one-third of the cream, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon almond meal and top with half the watermelon. Repeat layers, then top with a final layer of cake and cream. Press grapes and strawberries into the cream, then garnish with pistachios and dried rose petals.
Time for preparing:6 min. PT6M
- 1/4 seedless watermelon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) rosewater (see notes), plus extra to drizzle
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 2 x 250g punnets strawberries, halved
- 600ml thickened cream
- 225g store-bought sponge cake (18cm x 13cm x 4cm)
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 10 seedless red grapes, halved
- Slivered pistachios (see notes), to serve
- Dried rose petals (see notes), to serve