How to Make:
- Line a 1.5L pudding basin or mould with plastic wrap, leaving some overhanging the edges to enclose.
- Using the back of a metal spoon (dipped in hot water frequently for ease of spreading) evenly spread a layer of chocolate ice cream about 1.5cm thick over the inside of the mould. Freeze for 2 hours or until quite firm.
- Fold caramel slice pieces into vanilla ice cream (if using an ice cream machine, churn briefly to combine). Spoon into the basin and cover with overhanging wrap. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- To serve, unwrap the top of the ice cream bombe and invert the basin onto a serving platter. Wrap the basin briefly in a warm, damp tea towel to help unmould, then remove the basin and plastic wrap. Sprinkle with chocolate, then slice and serve immediately.
Time for preparing:6 min. PT6M
- 2 cups (500ml) chocolate ice cream (see related recipe, tips)
- 2 caramel slice squares (see note) (about 280g), roughly chopped
- 1 qty vanilla bean ice cream (see master recipe), frozen until thick but soft enough to spoon
- Shaved chocolate, to serve