How to Make:
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until pale. Add 1 egg and treacle. Beat well. Add flours, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and soda. Mix well. Knead on a floured surface. Divide mixture in 2. Press each half into a 10cm disc. Wrap in baking paper. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180ÂºC. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Combine sugar and remaining cinnamon.
- Roll dough out to 5mm thick. Cut out biscuits. Place onto trays. Separate remaining egg. Brush biscuits with eggwhite. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden. Cool on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack. Serve.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons treacle or golden syrup
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons McCormick Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar