How to Make:
- Sift flour and cinnamon together into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in the centre. Add egg and soda water. Whisk until a smooth batter forms. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place a wire rack over a baking tray. Pour oil into a large, non-stick frying pan until 5mm deep. Heat over medium heat until hot. Dip 1 piece of banana at a time into batter and allow excess batter to drain. Cook, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove to a wire rack. Keep warm in oven while cooking remaining fritters.
- Pour caramel topping into a heatproof microwave-safe jug. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) for 1 minute or until warm.
- Divide fritters between plates. Drizzle with caramel sauce. Serve with ice-cream.
Time for preparing:10 min. PT10M
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup chilled soda water
- Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 4 large bananas, peeled, cut diagonally into 6 slices
- 1/3 cup caramel topping
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve