How to Make:
- Place milk, vanilla, cinnamon, lemon rind and sugar in a large saucepan and bring to the boil over medium-high heat, stirring to prevent milk solids from catching on the bottom.
- Stir in rice, then reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 40-50 minutes or until rice is cooked and thickened slightly. The mixture will still be quite wet at this stage.
- Remove from heat, cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for 3 hours or until chilled. To serve, divide rice pudding among bowls then top with berries.
Time for preparing:55 min. PT55M
- 1.75 litres milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup (165g) granulated sugar
- 220g arborio rice (see notes)
- 400g mixed fresh berries or frozen berries