How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 120°C/100°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Mark a 22cm circle on the paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggwhites until stiff peaks form. Add caster sugar. Beat for 10 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Add cornflour and vinegar. Beat for 1 minute. Spoon mixture onto circle. Using a palette knife, shape into a circle with high sides. Make furrows up sides.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until firm. Allow to cool in oven for 3 hours, with door slightly ajar.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream, icing sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Place pavlova on a plate. Top with cream mixture. Sprinkle with Turkish delight and pistachios. Serve.
Time for preparing:90 min. PT90M
- 6 eggwhites
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar mixture
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300g Turkish delight, chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachio kernels, chopped