How to Make:
- Fill a medium bowl with water and add lemon juice. Peel quinces and cut into quarters, remove the core and place in lemon water.
- Place 3 cups (750ml) water and sugar in a saucepan. Stir over a low heat until the sugar dissolves. Add the vanilla bean. Drain the quinces and add them to the saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until slightly pink and tender.
- Warm quince paste in a small saucepan over a low heat. Cool slightly then stir through the mascarpone. Serve the poached quince with some of the simmering liquid and the quince paste and mascarpone mixture.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 small quinces
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthways
- 2 tablespoons quince paste
- 2/3 cup (170g) South Cape mascarpone