How to Make:
- Lightly grease a 7cm deep, 20cm (base) round cake pan. Using an electric mixer, beat caramel in a small bowl until smooth. Pour into base of prepared pan. Wash and dry beaters. Beat egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl until pale and thick. Add cream, vanilla sugar and vanilla essence. Mix well to combine. Wash and dry beaters.
- Beat eggwhites in a seperate bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold into egg yolk mixture until just combined. Fold meringue and almonds into egg yolk mixture.
- Carefully spoon meringue mixture over caramel. Smooth surface. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Wrap pan in foil. Freeze overnight.
- Dip pan in hot water for 1 minute. Turn out onto a platter. Smooth caramel. Slice and serve with berries.
Time for preparing:8 min. PT8M
- 1/2 cup Top 'n' Fill Caramel
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 100g packet meringue nests, crushed
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds, toasted
- berries, to serve