How to Make:
- Use a zester to remove rind from the orange. (Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to peel rind from orange. Use a sharp knife to remove white pith from rind. Cut rind into very thin strips). Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Combine the orange rind, sugar and water in a small frying pan over low heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until rind is translucent. Use a fork to transfer candied rind to the lined tray.
- Place the milk chocolate, cream, Grand Marnier and orange rind in a heatproof bowl and place over a medium saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water). Use a metal spoon to stir until chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm enough to roll into balls.
- Line a tray with non-stick baking paper. Use a teaspoon to scoop out 1 1/2 teaspoonsful of the chocolate mixture and use your hands to roll into a ball. Place on the prepared tray. Repeat with remaining chocolate mixture. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Place the dark choc melts in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water). Use a metal spoon to stir for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts and is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick paper. Use a fork to dip a truffle into the melted chocolate to evenly coat. Remove truffle, tapping the fork handle gently on the edge of the bowl to shake off any excess melted chocolate. Transfer to the lined tray. Top with a piece of candied rind. Repeat with remaining truffles and candied rind. Set aside for 30 minutes to set.
Time for preparing:20 min. PT20M
- 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 x 200g Lindt milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 200g dark choc melts