How to Make:
- Place flour and 3/4 cup sugar in a food processor. Process for 30 seconds. Add butter. Process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg and vanilla. Process until dough comes together. Transfer to a lightly floured surface. Knead dough until smooth. Press into a 20cm (diameter) disc. Wrap in greaseproof paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 flat baking trays with baking paper. Roll out dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Using snowflake biscuit cutters, cut shapes out of dough. Place on trays. Press leftover dough together and repeat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Bake biscuits for 10 minutes, swapping trays after 5 minutes, or until light golden. Allow to cool on trays completely. Dust with remaining sugar just before serving.
Time for preparing:10 min. PT10M
- 2 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1 cup pure icing sugar
- 125g butter, cubed, chilled
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract