How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Spray two 12-hole mini fluted bundt pans liberally with oil.
- Combine flour, sugar, almond meal, butter, vanilla, cherries and milk in a bowl. Spoon mixture into holes of prepared pans. Bake, 1 pan at a time, for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into centre of 1 cake comes out clean. Stand cakes in pan for 2 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- Make icing: Place icing sugar and butter in a bowl. Add boiling water. Stir until mixture is smooth. Place wire rack with cakes over a baking tray. Drizzle icing over cake tops. Decorate with cachous. Set aside for 30 minutes to set. Serve.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 125g butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup red glace cherries, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- Silver cachous, to decorate Icing
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 10g butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons boiling water