How to Make:
- Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 1-2 minutes or until the noodles are translucent. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Place the nori and 1 tablespoon panko crumbs in a jug. Use a stick blender to process until a fine dust forms. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the remaining panko crumbs. Place the egg white in a shallow bowl. Hold a prawn by the tail and dip half the prawn in the egg white, followed by the panko mixture to coat. Transfer to a plate lined with baking paper. Repeat with the remaining prawns, egg white and panko mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the prawns, in batches, for 1 minute each side or until golden, crisp and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Arrange the noodles, cucumber, carrot, green papaya and shallot on a large serving plate. Toss to combine. Top with the prawns, drizzle with the roasted sesame dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Sprinkle with baby kale, if you like.
Time for preparing:10 min. PT10M
- 100g pkt vermicelli bean thread noodles
- 1 sheet nori, torn into small pieces
- 25g (1/3 cup) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked
- 24 (about 1kg) medium green prawns, peeled and deveined, tails left intact
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 continental cucumber, peeled, deseeded, cut into matchsticks
- 2 carrots, peeled, shredded
- 1/2 large green papaya, peeled, deseeded, shredded
- 4 green shallots, trimmed, shredded
- Kewpie Roasted Sesame Japanese Dressing, to serve
- 1 tablespoon black or white sesame seeds, to serve
- Baby kale leaves, to serve (optional)