How to Make:
- Place prawn meat, garlic, shallot and egg in a small bowl of a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Spread prawn mixture evenly over bread. Trim crusts and cut each slice into 4 triangles.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook prawn toasts, prawn side down, in batches for 1-2 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Turn and cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Add the bacon to the pan and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Place the lettuce and baby spinach on a large serving plate. Top with prawn toasts. Drizzle the dressing over and scatter with bacon and parmesan shavings.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 300g uncooked prawn meat
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 green shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg
- 4 large slices wholegrain bread
- Olive oil, to shallow-fry
- 4 streaky bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 2 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 30g baby spinach
- 80ml (1/3 cup) store-bought Caesar salad dressing
- Shaved parmesan, to serve