How to Make:
- Remove the sponge cake from the plastic packaging and reserve to use as a mould. Cut 2 x 50cm lengths of baking paper. Spray 1 sheet with oil and place other sheet on top. Fold in half lengthways. Line plastic mould, allowing paper collar to extend above rim.
- Use a large serrated knife to level the tops of both cakes. Place 1 cake in mould, cut-side up. Drizzle with 2 tbs liqueur or pineapple juice. Spoon mango sorbet over cake layer and smooth the top. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Scoop half the ice-cream into a blender or food processor. Add half the blueberries and puree until smooth. Spoon on top of mango layer and smooth the top. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Scoop remaining ice-cream into a large bowl. Fold through 1/3 cup passionfruit pulp. Arrange half the meringues over blueberry layer. Spoon over passionfruit mixture and smooth top. Add second cake, cut side up, and gently press down. Drizzle with remaining 2 tbs liqueur. Place in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight, until firm.
- Use scissors to make 4 cuts down the outside of the plastic mould. Fold down flaps and transfer cake to a serving platter. Peel off paper collar. Spread whipped cream over the top. Decorate with sliced mango and remaining meringues, passionfruit pulp and blueberries. Dust with icing sugar.
Time for preparing:10 min. PT10M
- 460g ready-made round double unfilled sponge cake
- 80ml (1/3 cup) coconut-flavoured liqueur or pineapple juice
- 500ml mango sorbet, softened slightly (see note)
- 1L tub vanilla custard ice-cream, softened
- 125g punnet blueberries
- 160ml (2/3 cup) passionfruit pulp (about 8 passionfruit)
- 100g packet mini meringues
- 180ml (3/4 cup) thickened cream, whipped
- 1 small mango, peeled, thinly sliced
- Icing sugar, to dust