How to Make:
- Melt butter with sugar and honey in a small saucepan over low heat. Cool. Combine butter mixture and egg in a bowl. Stir in flours, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and bicarb.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Divide the dough into 2 discs and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to rest.
- Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll out 1 portion of the dough on a large sheet of baking paper until 4 thick. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced.
- Use the template (see notes) to cut out 2 caravan shapes and 1 base. Place on baking trays lined with baking paper. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to chill.
- Repeat with leftover dough scraps. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden. Cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make royal icing following the packet directions. Divide into bowls. Tint each bowl a different colour of your choice, leaving one bowl white.
- Pipe white icing as an outline around vans. Pipe white icing for doors and windows. Pipe white icing on short ends of base and black icing around the wheel. Allow to set for 20 minutes.
- Decorate with white and coloured icing and cachous. Set aside until set completely. Pipe a little melted white chocolate at one end of base and stand one caravan piece upright. Hold until set. Repeat at other end of base with remaining caravan.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 50g butter, chopped
- 100g (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) honey
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 x 330g packets Dr. Oetker Royal Icing
- Food colourings of your choice, to tint icing