How to Make:
- Place can of coconut milk in fridge for 6 hours (do not shake).
- Meanwhile, line a square 20cm (base measurement) cake pan with plastic wrap. Process mango until finely chopped. Add lime juice and 1 tbs maple syrup. Process until combined. Soak the gelatine in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes. Squeeze to remove excess water. Place boiling water in a heatproof bowl. Stir in gelatine until dissolved. Stir in cold water. Add to mango. Process to combine. Pour through a sieve into prepared pan. Discard solids. Place in the fridge for 4 hours, until set.
- For custard, soak gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes. Squeeze to remove excess water. Whisk yolks, maple syrup and vanilla in a bowl until smooth. Whisk in coconut milk. Transfer to a small saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat for 9-10 minutes, until mixture thickens. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Stir in gelatine until dissolved. Place in an ice bath, stirring, for 30 minutes or until cool. Cover. Place in fridge for 4 hours to chill.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Combine the almond meal, flaked coconut, macadamias, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Add oil and remaining 2 tbs maple syrup. Rub into almond meal mixture until coarse crumbs form. Spread over a lined baking tray. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until crisp. Set aside to cool.
- Spoon cream from can of coconut into a large bowl (coconut water isn’t needed). Add vanilla. Whisk until combined. Remove jelly from pan and cut into squares. 6 Reserve a little crumble. Layer custard, remaining crumble, extra mango and jelly in six 180ml glasses. Top with coconut cream. Sprinkle with reserved crumble.
Time for preparing:25 min. PT25M
- 270ml can coconut milk
- 300g chopped fresh mango
- 1 lime, juiced
- 60ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 5 sheets gelatine
- 125ml (1/2 cup) boiling water
- 125ml (1/2 cup) cold water
- 100g (1 cup) almond meal
- 30g (1/2 cup) flaked coconut
- 60g (1/3 cup) macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons solidified coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Queen Madagascan Vanilla Bean Paste
- 3 small mangoes, chopped, extra, to serve Coconut custard
- 2 sheets gelatine
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 400ml coconut milk