How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Heat oil in a medium heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Add leek and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add bacon and cook, stirring for 4-5 minutes or until the leek is soft and the bacon is lightly coloured. Add flour to the pan and cook while stirring for 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat, add milk and stir until smooth. Stir in cooking cream. Return to heat and cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Stir through corn, parmesan and half the grated cheese and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Cut the top off the cob loaf and scoop the soft bread out of the centre, leaving a 2-3cm shell. Scoop out any soft bread from the lid as well. Lay two large sheets of foil on the bench at crossways to each other. Lay non-stick baking paper over the top. Place the cob in the centre of the cross. Half fill the cob loaf with bacon mixture. Scatter over half the brie. Pour the remaining mixture over to fill. Top with remaining brie and grated cheese. Place the lid of the cob on top. Wrap the cob in the baking paper and foil. Place on an oven tray. Bake for 40 minutes or until the cob is crisp and cheese is melted and warmed through. Serve with extra crusty bread to dip in the centre.
Time for preparing:45 min. PT45M
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 250g Primo Triple Smoked Pan sized Bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 160ml (2/3 cup) milk
- 250g light cooking cream
- 1 corn cob, kernels removed
- 20g (1/4 cup) grated parmesan
- 80g (1 cup) grated pizza cheese
- 1 large cob loaf
- 110g triple cream brie, chopped
- Extra crusty bread, to serve