How to Make:
- Place corn on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 4 minutes.
- Heat a chargrill pan over medium heat. Combine chilli powder and 2 teaspoons oil in a large bowl. Rub spice mixture all over corn. Cook corn, turning, for 6 to 8 minutes or until beginning to char. Transfer to a plate. Set aside to cool.
- Heat 2 teaspoons remaining oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook red onion for 5 minutes or until softened. Add cumin and chilli akes. Cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add beans. Toss to coat. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
- Combine tomato and peppers in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a sieve set over a bowl to drain any excess juice. Set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the kernels from the cobs. Place corn kernels in a medium bowl. Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1⁄2 the green onion. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Spoon corn mixture into the base of a 12-cup-capacity serving bowl.
- Spoon the bean mixture over corn mixture, followed by the radish. Place avocado in a bowl. Add the Tabasco, coriander, 1/4 cup remaining lemon juice and remaining green onion. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Spoon over radish, spreading to cover. Top with tomato mixture.
- Place the fetta, remaining lemon juice, remaining oil and 2 tablespoons water in a food processor. Process until mixture is smooth and creamy. Dollop fetta mixture over tomato layer, gently spreading to cover. Sprinkle with extra chilli flakes. Serve with corn tortilla strips (see note).
Time for preparing:20 min. PT20M
- 3 corn cobs, husks and silk removed
- 11/2 teaspoons Mexican chilli powder
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 pinches dried chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
- 425g can black beans, drained, rinsed well
- 6 small tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/2 x 285g jar piquillo peppers, drained, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 bunches radish, finely diced
- 2 large avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 x 200g blocks fetta, crumbled
- 2 x 230g packets white corn tortilla strips, to serve