How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 5 oven trays with baking paper.
- Separate lollies into colours. Place the different colours into separate plastic bags. Place a tea towel over the lollies. Use a rolling pin or meat mallet to pound until the lollies are finely crushed.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter, sugar, vanilla bean paste and golden syrup together until pale and creamy. Add the flour and stir with a round-bladed knife in a cutting motion until the dough comes together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead until smooth. Divide into 2 portions and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Roll 1 dough portion out on a floured surface to a 4mm-thick disc. Use an 8cm star-shaped biscuit cutter to cut stars from the dough. Place 6 biscuits on 1 lined tray. Use a 4cm star-shaped cutter to cut the centre from each biscuit. Use a thin straw to cut a small hole in the top of each biscuit.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes. Spread the crushed lollies into the star-shaped hole in each biscuit. Bake for a further 4-5 minutes or until biscuits are golden and lollies have melted. Set aside on tray to cool. Repeat with remaining dough portions and lollies.
- Thread coloured ribbon through the hole in each biscuit to decorate.
Time for preparing:50 min. PT50M
- 300g pkt boiled lollies
- 200g butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (70g) caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) golden syrup
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste