How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter, icing sugar, vanilla bean paste and cinnamon until pale and creamy. Add the egg yolks and beat until well combined. Add the combined flours and stir to combine. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead until smooth.
- Divide dough into 2 portions. Roll 1 portion of dough out on a lightly floured surface to a 3mm-thick disc. Use a variety of 3-10cm diameter star-shaped pastry cutters to cut star shapes from disc, rerolling any excess dough. Place on the line tray. Repeat with remaining dough portion.
- Combine the caster sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle sugar evenly over each biscuit. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside on trays to cool completely.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 120g butter
- 1/2 cup (80g) pure icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, extra