How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan. Line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Using electric beaters, beat butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add golden syrup and egg yolk and beat until combined.
- Add sifted flour, ginger and bicarbonate of soda. Use a butter knife to mix until evenly combined.
- Gather dough together and turn out onto a sheet of non-stick baking paper. Divide into 2 even portions, wrap one portion in cling wrap and set aside. Roll the other portion out to a rectangle about 26cm x 18cm. Trim sides to give straight lines, but don’t make it any smaller than 24cm x 16cm. Cut dough into 12 pieces (four rows of three). Transfer pieces to one of the prepared trays, leaving a little room between them for spreading. Place tray in the fridge and chill while you roll out and cut the other piece of dough.
- Bake first tray for 10 mins, while chilling the second tray, then bake that for 10 mins. Leave on the trays for 5 mins, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place white chocolate in a small plastic piping bag and snip off the end. Place a square on a board and use white chocolate to attach the sides. When set, pipe white chocolate into gaps along the inside. Leave to set completely.
- Whisk egg white until frothy, then gradually add sifted icing sugar to make a stiff paste. Place paste into a small plastic piping bag and snip off the end. Pipe this icing on the outside of the joins of the squares to cover any gaps. Decorate with cachous. Pipe a cross onto the box tops, and decorate. Leave to set. Fill with Swiss Gold Truffle Balls.
Time for preparing:10 min. PT10M
- 125 g butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 1 Coles Free Range Egg, separated
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup Nestle white chocolate melts, melted
- 1 3/4 cups pure icing sugar
- Silver cachous, to decorate
- Swiss Gold Truffle Balls, to fill