How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Using electric beaters, beat butter, icing sugar and vanilla together until pale and creamy. Add flour and custard powder and mix on low speed until just combined. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until dough has come together. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out to a 5mm thickness. Using a star-shape cutter, cut 40 stars from dough. Place on prepared tray and bake for 12-15 mins until pale golden. Cool completely on tray.
- To make Filling, beat together all ingredients until pale and smooth. Spread a little onto one star biscuit and sandwich together with another. Continue with remaining biscuits and filling. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 250g butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup icing sugar, sifted, plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 3/4 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup custard powder, sifted
- 1 1/4 cups icing sugar
- 60g butter, melted
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon