How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 3-5 mins or until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. Set aside for 30 mins to cool.
- Transfer the butter mixture to a medium bowl. Add the egg and whisk to combine. Stir in the flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 mins or until firm.
- Divide dough into quarters. Roll each portion out on a lightly floured surface to a 3mm-thick disc.
- Use a ruler to cut the dough into house shapes of various sizes approximately 2-5cm wide. Place on the lined trays. Bake for 10-12 mins or until light golden. Set aside on the trays to cool.
- Make royal icing following packet directions. Place icing in a piping bag fitted with a 1mm plain nozzle. Pipe onto the houses to decorate. Set aside for 30 mins to set.
- To make the snow globes, pipe a little of the icing onto the base of each house. Attach to the inside lid of a jar. Use the side of the glass jar to support the houses upright as the icing sets. Set aside for 1 hour to set. Carefully attach the lid to the jar.
Time for preparing:35 min. PT35M
- 150g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) golden syrup
- 1 Coles Brand Australian free range egg
- 3 cups (450g) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 330g pkt bought royal icing