How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Use an electric mixer to beat the butter, sugar and golden syrup together in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the egg yolk and beat to combine. Add flour, ginger and mixed spice. Stir to combine. Use your hands to knead until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 30 mins to chill.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to a 3mm-thick disc. Use a 7cm gingerbread man cutter to cut out shapes and place on the lined tray. Bake for 10-12 mins or until lightly golden.
- Make royal icing following packet directions. Place icing in a piping bag fitted with a 2mm plain nozzle. Pipe icing onto each gingerbread man and decorate with Smarties or M&M’s.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) golden syrup
- 1 Coles Brand Australian free range egg yolk
- 2 1/2 cups (375g) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon Coles Brand ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons Coles brand mixed spice
- Bought royal icing, to decorate
- Smarties or M&M’s to decorate