How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, icing sugar and syrup until light and fluffy. Sift ours over mixture. Stir to combine.
- Spoon dough into a piping bag fitted with a 2cm star-shaped nozzle (see note).
- Pipe dough into 6cm-diameter circles, 5cm apart, onto prepared trays. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack lined with baking paper to cool.
- Make Rum Buttercream: Using an electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add icing sugar, beating constantly until light and fluffy. Add rum and orange rind. Beat to combine. Divide mixture evenly among 3 bowls. Using food colouring, tint one portion red, one portion green and leave remaining portion plain.
- Place 1/2 the biscuits, flat-side up, on a flat surface. Spread icing onto each. Sandwich with remaining biscuits. Serve (see note).
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 250g butter, softened
- 1/3 cup icing sugar mixture
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 1 3⁄4 cups plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornflour Rum Buttercream
- 100g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup icing sugar mixture
- 1 tablespoon dark rum (see note)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- Gel food colouring (red and green)