How to Make:
- Use electric beaters to beat butter, sugar, vanilla and salt in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in almond meal and egg until combined. Sift flour, cloves and cinnamon over butter mixture. Beat on low speed until just combined. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and bring dough together. Divide in half. Shape into rectangles. Wrap in plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to rest.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper. Roll out 1 portion of dough between 2 sheets of lightly floured baking paper until 3-4mm thick. Cut into 7 x 5cm rectangles. Place on 1 prepared tray. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to chill.
- Repeat rolling and cutting with remaining dough. If it becomes soft or sticky, place in fridge for 15 minutes between rolling and cutting. Use a 4cm Christmas tree and 4cm angel cutter to cut out shapes from the centre of each rectangle. Place the shapes and cut-out rectangles on prepared trays. Sprinkle with glitter or sugar to decorate. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to chill.
- Bake all rectangle biscuits, swapping the trays halfway through cooking, for 12-14 minutes or until light golden. Set aside on trays to cool completely. Bake shaped biscuits for 7-8 minutes or until light golden. Set aside on trays to cool completely.
- Spread full rectangles with 1 tsp jam. Sandwich with cut-out biscuits
Time for preparing:25 min. PT25M
- 380g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 180g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 120g almond meal
- 1 egg
- 500g (3 1/3 cups) plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Edible glitter, to decorate
- Coloured sugar, to decorate
- Raspberry jam, to sandwich biscuits