How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease and line 3 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Sift flour, ginger, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl. Make well in centre. Add oil, ½ cup honey, vanilla, egg and lemon rind. Mix well to combine. Stand for 10 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Roll 2 level teaspoons of mixture into a ball and flatten. Press 1 side into walnuts. Place, walnut-side up, on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining mixture and walnuts. Bake, 1 tray at a time, for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining honey and 2 tablespoons water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until warmed and combined. Brush honey mixture over hot gingies.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 2 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts