How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and caster sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Divide mixture in half. Add a few drops of red food colouring to 1 portion and mix well.
- Divide the flour between the portions and use a non-serrated knife in a cutting motion to mix until a soft dough forms. Bring each dough together and flatten into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 15 mins or until firm enough to roll.
- Roll out 1 dough portion between 2 sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Use a 6cm star cutter to cut out stars, re-rolling when necessary. Repeat with remaining dough portion. Place on the lined trays. Bake for 15 mins or until golden underneath. Cool on trays for 5 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Use an electric mixer to beat extra butter and icing sugar until pale and creamy. Divide the icing in half. Add a few drops of red food colouring to 1 portion and combine. Place in separate small piping bags fitted with a small star nozzle. Pipe white icing onto half the red biscuits. Top with the remaining red biscuits. Repeat with red icing and plain biscuits. Dust lightly with extra icing sugar.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 250g Western Star Original Salted Butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- Red food colouring
- 2 1/3 cups (350g) plain flour
- 80g Western Star Original Salted Butter,extra, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (120g) icing sugar
- Icing sugar, extra, to dust