How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the flour, rice flour, sugar and vanilla and stir until dough comes together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Roll out dough to a 3mm-thick disc. Use 4cm and 5cm round fluted cutters to cut discs from dough. Use a 1.5cm fluted cutter to cut a disc from centre of each fluted disc, rerolling dough scraps. Place on the lined trays. Bake for 10-12 mins or until lightly golden. Set aside to cool. Tint royal icing pale green using food colouring. Place half the icing in a piping bag fitted with a 1mm plain nozzle. Pipe around edges of each biscuit. Add a little water to remaining icing to make a runny paste. Spread over biscuits. Set aside to set.
Time for preparing:15 min. PT15M
- 250g butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups (260g) plain flour
- 2/3 cup (120g) rice flour
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 quantity royal icing (see notes)
- Green liquid food colouring