How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 3-5 mins or until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. Set aside for 30 mins to cool.
- Transfer butter mixture to a bowl. Whisk in the egg. Stir in flour, ginger and mixed spice. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Cover dough with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 30 mins or until firm.
- Divide into quarters. Roll each out on a lightly floured surface to a 3mm-thick disc. Use a 7cm star cutter to cut stars from dough, rerolling the scraps. Place on lined trays. Bake for 12-15 mins or until light golden. Set aside on trays to cool completely. Divide royal icing into 2 equal portions. Tint 1 portion red with food colouring. Place white icing in a piping bag fitted with a 2mm plain nozzle. Pipe over biscuits to create Santa’s beard and suit outline. Spread red icing over centre and top for his suit and hat. Set aside to set. Use writing icing to create eyes and the belt. Place M&M’s Minis on the belts to make buckles.
Time for preparing:20 min. PT20M
- 150g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) golden syrup
- 1 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Egg
- 3 cups (450g) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 quantity royal icing (see notes)
- Red liquid food colouring
- Dark chocolate writing icing, to decorate
- Brown M&M's Minis, to decorate