How to Make:
- Line a 20cm x 30cm slice tin with non-stick baking paper. Sift icing sugar and cream of tartar into a large bowl. Add condensed milk and peppermint essence then stir to combine.
- Add coconut about 1/2 cup at a time mixing well with a wooden spoon between each addition. Press mixture into prepared tin and refrigerate for 2 hrs. Lift coconut-ice slab out of tin and onto a board.
- Use a 7cm-long Christmas-tree cutter to cut shapes from the coconut ice slab. Arrange the shapes in rows on a tray covered with baking paper.
- To decorate, place dark chocolate melts into a snap-lock bag. Place bag in a bowl and microwave for about 40 secs until melted. Use scissors to snip a corner off the bag and drizzle chocolate over the trees. Leave for a few mins to set.
Time for preparing:30 min. PT30M
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 395g can condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint essence
- 3 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 40g dark chocolate melts